Assam Textile Institute has a T&P Cell to provide career related support to the students for employment opportunities and professional training in the various companies and institutions, so that they get exposure to the real world experience as professionals. The T&P Cell of the Institute provides assistance to each and every student in exploring placement opportunities by inviting companies for campus interview .The Cell also arranges internship training, mill training and visits, campus recruitment drive and also Career Counselling Programme for monitoring and proper guidance of professionalism to the students. It is also provides counselling and guidance to those students who are interested in higher studies to enhance their academic performance.
A Senior Lecturer is given the additional responsibility as the in-charge of the Cell in addition to his/her normal duties. The TPO of the Cell keeps the academic records and keeps assisting the placement process of the passed out students for a period of several months after they pass out from the Institute. The T&P Cell of the Institute communicates with the company’s H.R Department for placement and invites companies for campus interview and/or sends the students to them after necessary procedures for placement.ATI alumni all over the country extends their help and support in this respect. Some of the placement organisations are:
- Weaver’s service centres
- Directorate of Technical Education, Assam
- Directorate of Handloom and Textiles, Assam
- Central silk Board, Khanapara, Guwahati
- Directorate of Sericulture, Assam
- Assam Co-op Jute Mill, Silghat, Nagaon
- Multipurpose H. S schools, Govt. of Assam
- Pragbosimi Synthetics Ltd.,Sipajhar,Assam
- Orient Processors Pvt. Ltd., Guwahati
- Apex Yarn Pvt. Ltd., Guwahati
- Rudrasagar Silk,Dimow Sibsagar
- Fabric Plus Pvt. Ltd .H.O Guwahati
- DDUKVY centres of Assam
- Central Mall, Siliguri
- Future Group (Big Bazar)
- Budge Budge Jute Mill Kolkata
- Alok Industries ,Sylvassa
- Bombay Rayon Fashion Pvt. Ltd.
- School of Livelihood & Rural Development centres
- PMKVY centres
- Valeur Fabtex Ltd.
- ASHUS Foundation
- Vhilosha Industries, Sylvassa
- KTEX Nonwovens Pvt. Ltd.
- Rukhmini Sintex Pvt. Ltd. Andheri Mumbai
- Dynamic clothing pvt. Ltd., Vasai ,Mumbai
- R.S Mohota Mills, Hinganghat, Maharashtra
- Truetzschler India Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad
- FAZE-THREE Autofab Ltd., Panipath and many more.
A few students opt for higher studies every year in prestigious institutes like NIFT, Shillong; NIFT, Kolkata; NITRA, Ghaziabad; JDIET, Maharashtra; IJT-Kolkata; MLV govt. Textile and Engineering college, Bhilwara; IIHT, Salem, Tamil Nadu etc.
ATI Training and Placement cell has been doing its best in terms of placement and higher studies. All the students of lV semester onwards undergo internship training in different Factory/Institutes for hands on practice. Faculties are also getting training in different Institutes like NITTTR , SITRA etc.
MoUs with local industries like ORIENT PROCESSOR’S PVT.LTD (OPPL) LOKHRA, GUWAHATI, Apex Yarn Pvt. Ltd has been done for technical support as well as Training and placement opportunity.
- Click here to read MOUs with various organisations.
- Click here to read the placement of Passed-out students. (Document 1)
- Click here to read the placement of Passed-out students. (Document 2)
Training & Placement Officer
Assam Textile Institute, Guwahati